Paper and Book Intensive is an annual working sabbatical in the book arts, papermaking, and conservation for seasoned practitioners and motivated beginners. For more than thirty years, participants have gathered together from around the world for two weeks of daily workshops to promote unusual levels of exchange, knowledge and inspiration.
PBI 2018 will take place from May 13-24 at Ox-Bow in Saugatuk, Michigan. You can browse the course catalog by clicking on the menu above! The general application period for PBI 2018 begins on January 1, 2018. The scholarship application period is from December 1 to 31, 2017. Find out more here.
– Paper Threads: North Country Shifu with Velma Bolyard
– The Printmaker as Naturalist with Rebecca Chamlee
– Letterlocking with Jana Dambrogio
– Introduction to Embroidery on Leather with Erin Fletcher
– Conservation Binding Model for a 13th c. European – Manuscript with Vasaré Rastonis.
– From Book Shelves to Cat Walk: Wearable Papercuts and Artist Books with Béatrice Coron
– The Prototype: An Exploration of Edition Binding with John DeMerritt
– The Typographic Print with Bridget Elmer
– Papermaking Informed by a Sensibility for Textiles with Mary Hark
– Early Modern Record-Keeping Book Structures: Model Making and Investigation with Chela Metzger
Follow us on Facebook to see photos of previous PBI sessions!